[RTTY] Team Haiti 2003 Wrap-up

dl6jz at t-online.de dl6jz at t-online.de
Tue Mar 25 09:03:56 EST 2003

Hi Ed and others,

let me do a short explanation of calls like EA6/DL7UU/p or
SM3/DL6JZ/p:

there are at least two possibilities to be QRV from another country:

1) Apply for a license under the rules of your destination country.

2) To use the CEPT regulation. Some years ago most of the european
countries signed the so called CEPT-rules. The CEPT-rules allow hams
from those county to operate their portable stations from another
CEPT-country without an additional license. So you have to take with
you only the rig and your domestic license and can work without any
other paperwork from a lot of other countries. Since these rules are
restricted to portable stations you have to use the callsign structure
described above. But lot of this CEPT-operators "forget" the /p. More
and more countries became CEPT-members in the last years, also
non-europeans.

The suffix /qrp is not a part of a callsign at all!

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ