[dxlab] RE: [RTTY] New contesting PSK faster than RTTY

Dave Bernstein dhb at attbi.com
Mon May 5 00:25:46 EDT 2003

As usual, there's the short-term solution and the long-term solution.

The short-term solution is to externally switch the contents of
PSKCORE.DLL as Skip suggests; the only change required in WinWarbler is
the addition of a PSK63 checkbox  that triggers compensation for the
frequency reporting defect -- about 15 minutes work, most of which is
the mechanics of cutting a release.

The long-term solution is to register the PSK63 version of the DLL with
a unique name and modify WinWarbler to use the correct DLL for each
mode, much as it currently switches between PSKCORE and the MMTTY
engine. Since both PSK DLLs use the same API, it shouldn't take more
than an afternoon to accomplish this, not counting the time required to
scare up a test QSO.

    73,

         Dave, AA6YQ