[RTTY] QTC for WAE

Phil Cooper Phil.Cooper at cwgg.cwplc.com
Fri Nov 7 08:38:30 EST 2003

Well done Ekki!
That is a very good basic description of QTC traffic, and yes, it can boost
your score dramatically.

Two small points:
You can ONLY send QTC to someone in a DIFFERENT continent,  AND - the QTC
traffic has a batch number which also needs to be recorded. It is in the
format of 001/10 - meaning this is batch one and contains ten QTC.

If you do not have specific contesting software, you CAN receive QTC quite
easily with MMTTY. Just open NOTEPAD, and use CUT & PASTE to save the text
to a file. The obvious name for the file is the QTC batch number.
Scoring will still be a manual effort from you, but simply add the number of
QTC's to the number of QSO's for calculating the score.
Better still, get some proper contest software!

I also now have an antenna for 80m which I will be trying out in the
contest, so I do hope to find at least a few European stations!
It is a small inverted L, and seems to work OK.

I am also hoping to work Carsten as ZA1A on a few bands, as it will be a new
one for me on a few bands, and it would be nice to see 3B8/PA0HVA playing!

Hope to see you all in WAEDC this weekend, where I will be exchanging QTC as
much as possible!
73 de Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.