[RTTY] QTC for WAE

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Fri Nov 7 18:57:52 EST 2003

Hi Terry,

I was going to reply privately, but thought others may be interested.

There can only be 10 QTC's passed from one station to another.
I cannot send you ten, and you send me ten. We can exchange 5 each, BUT
REMEMBER - most contest programs are geared to handle 10 at a time, in one
direction!

If we make contact and conditions take a tumble, say, after 5 QTC's, then we
can attempt to make contact later on and finish the exchange. We could even
do it once for each line in the QTC, but that is not a viable option!
best way is to get the 10 sent and be done with it!

One other thing you cannot do:
I work you at some point, but conditions aren't good, and we delay the
exchange of QTC's till later.
When I do, the batch of 10 QTC's cannot contain our earlier contact as a
QTC, so we may only get to exchange 9 of the 10,

It's also best to exchange QTC's with a fairly strong station! I don't
generally try and exchange them with a weak station, as you spend too long
requesting or sending repeats!

Does that help?

See you all later!
73 de Phil GU0SUP