[RTTY] QTCs and WriteLog

Jon Harder jon at praxisworks.org
Sun Nov 9 22:38:53 EST 2003

Normally I don't post to both reflectors at the same time, but this might be
worth reading.  WriteLog really has a wonderful feature I'd never used
before.

One of the main reasons for contests is to have fun in them!  Having decided
to skip previous WAE RTTY tests to avoid QTC? queries, and not spoil anyone
else's fun with "Sorry no QTC" buffers, I vowed that this year could be
different.

And it sure was! I loaded up the WL shifted F-keys ala AA5AU's suggestions,
tweaked a few things, and was off and running.  Stumbled a bit with the
first attempt to receive QTCs from YL7A, hitting "Cancel" by mistake in the
Alt-R dialog box.  But from that point on it got a lot easier and smoother
thanks to the neat way WriteLog handles just about everything with sending
and receiving.

What fun to receive ZA1A's QTCs after he was turned down by station after
station, and for me to work a new country to boot!

A final bittersweet note. When I asked one EU station if he would like to
send or receive QTCs, he answered --" NO QTCs here, I do contests only for
fun!" We all have our own definitions of what fun is, but having tried the
QTC feature, I'll sure be back for more. Others might enjoy it too.

Thanks to the WriteLog team from another well-satisfied user.

Jon K1US