[RTTY] CQWW RTTY - Right Country Wrong Zone

Steve Holton sholton at optonline.net
Wed Oct 1 15:06:41 EDT 2003

In my log it appears that the proverbial question - Log what was
sent/received or log what's "right" is with still us.
Not just with the previously mentioned  8J1RF (Antarctica),   NL7AU (USA,
Florida),  NP3D  (USA, New York).

I ran my log through W4TI's Log checker and it found 6 additional cases
that appear to be right country wrong zone. All are in the US, all but one
(SD) are states on the "border" of a zone (TN,WV,AL), they sent the
"adjacent" zone. If it were one or two cases I'd chalk it up to me seeing
wrong print, but not 6. especially as 5 of the six calls, when looked up at
qrz.com, match up correctly to the state as logged.

In any case it was great to be back. For CQWW, in  particular, I've had a
string of out of country, out of town, relatives with the effrontery to get
married over CQWW weekend etc. Only could get in 10 hours but that's a
major improvement over recent years past.

73
Steve N1NB