[RTTY] CQWW RTTY - Right Country Wrong Zone

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 1 22:18:16 EDT 2003

At 02:06 PM 10/1/2003, Steve Holton N1NB wrote:

>I ran my log through W4TI's Log checker and it found 6 additional cases
>that appear to be right country wrong zone. All are in the US, all but one
>(SD) are states on the "border" of a zone (TN,WV,AL), they sent the
>"adjacent" zone. If it were one or two cases I'd chalk it up to me seeing
>wrong print, but not 6. especially as 5 of the six calls, when looked up
>at qrz.com, match up correctly to the state as logged.

Logging what was sent is always the right thing to do.  If these stations
submit logs, then their (incorrect) sent report should be in them, and the
log checking will work as well.  We should not try to guess what we think
the log checkers will do.  Just log what is sent, and hope the log checkers
are doing the "right thing".

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC