[RTTY] FRIEND Files

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 1 15:24:50 EDT 2003

Rfmandmpm at aol.com wrote:
> Looks like we have a problem. I do not wish to start a thread on this
> subject, however I also do not wish to look like a fool.
>
> I downloaded the zipped file aa5au_rtty081503 from Don's website on 24-08-03
> and unzipped FRIEND.ini 147 KB dated 16-08-03. My copy shows VE6YR=BEN.

And I repeat, I have just checked my copy of the ini file I sent to
Don, and your name is shown as Bob.

> For the previous version of the Friend file, it took repeated e-mails to the
> author to correct my name.

Somehow, I get the idea that 2 different versions from 2 different
sources are being mixed. And I categorically deny that it takes
repeated e-mails for a correction. Bob's contribution with ("over 100
call signs with names") was gratefully acknowledged and of immense
help. And it is incorporated into the master file.

I do agree that this should not become a thread. I will submit the
friend.ini file again
to Don, but until WL corrects the problem with Win98, it will be the
last.

73
Ed