[RTTY] logging question.

der derosan at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 10:48:53 EDT 2003

I would like to set the record straight on the recent
incident in the SCC contest. I am the offending
station. I sent K9MUG instead of K9MUG/4.
I decided at the last minute to operate a few hours
and
I only read as far as the multiplier list, so I
thought It was ok to operate as K9MUG(I am in
Alabama).

After operating a while I learned that the qso points
would be different. I was asked about this on the air
by K9JS and tried to explain that I had already
operated as K9MUG and I thought the fairest way to do
this to continue and correct it later. IN NO WAY WAS I
RUDE OR VULGAR to him as he suggested in an earlier
e-mail.

I contacted Robert, S57AW and explained my situation
and he was most cordial. He took my log and changed it
to K9MUG/4.

This incident has, however, convinced me that rtty is
not for me. I am sorry for any difficulty I may have
cause and I wil see you on cw.

Darrell Penrod
K9MUG