[RTTY] Re: Need 12-Pin A/B Swich

Richard Kriss aa5vu at arrl.net
Tue Apr 13 12:17:24 EDT 2004

On 4/13/04 11:00 AM, "rtty-request at contesting.com"
<rtty-request at contesting.com> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:21:42 -0500
> From: ka3hsw at earthlink.net
> To: rtty at contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need 12-Pin A/B Swich
> Message: 1
>
> On 12 Apr 2004 at 7:06, Richard Kriss wrote:
>
>> I am getting tired of having to pull and change the 13-Pin ACCY plug and
>> cable to change from using the PK-232 to the SignaLink interface PSK.  I
>> wonder if someone has a better solution. The Timewave PK-232/PSK mod is not
>> a solution because their PC software solution to keying the radio will not
>> work with a Mac.
>>
>> I have looked and cannot find 13-Pin DIN A/B switch that would solve my
>> problem.  I have an old PC A/B switch that could be modified but I would
>> rather just buy new switch.  I have looked and cannot fine a female 13-Pin
>> DIN that I could use to modify an old PC A/B switch.
>>
>> I hate soldering to 13-Pin DIN plugs used by Kenwood and Icom
>>
>> Dick, AA5VU
>

> Why not just solder a DB-25 on the interface end of your 13-pin ACCY cable,
> and
> also to the cables from the PK-232 and SignaLink to match your switch...
> seems it
> would be easier to mate everything that way than converting to DIN.
>
> 73 de KA3HSW

What you have described is TOO hard.  The PK-232 has special connectors and
I had to run a y-cable out of the 13-Pin DIN to the two weird PK-232
connectiors.  The SignaLink came with a 13-Pin DIN on one end and some
special telephone plug on the other that goes to the SL-1+ PC board.

Just too hard!

Again, I HATE messing with the horrible 13-Pin DINs.  Too bad nobody makes
an A/B switch.

Dick, AA5VU

Dick