[RTTY] Re: Rtty and Ritty

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Tue Apr 20 11:19:20 EDT 2004

Charlie, you must have one heck of a PK-232!  I think you're about the first
person to make such claims.  MMTTY can copy signals that aren't audible, so
it's no slouch.  And RITTY's better!)  We all have "impressions", but the
real proof is dual decodes with parallel audio feeds.  And "really good
proof"  requires dual decode results under a variety of conditions.

Many people on this list use soundcard apps - NOT because it's easier.  In
fact, it would be easier to just plug in a TNC than to properly setup a
soundcard and app.  I would guess that most soundcard app users on this list
have abandoned using TNCs due to their inferior performance, rather than
starting out with a soundcard because it's "easier".

Oh well, noone wants to argue - Whatever works best in a given situation is
the winner.  At least it's not SSB!  ;-)

73 - John, WA9ALS, proud owner of a PK-232MBX.  (Anyone want to buy it?)
Actually, I should donate it to WB2JKJ.