[RTTY] SARTG SM5FUG SOAB Score

Jan Palmquist jan.palmquist at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sun Aug 22 12:43:35 EDT 2004

Call used: SM5FUG

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts  Dist    DX
80        66   645     0    25  Delta loop
40        59   620     1    34  Butternut HF6V-X Vertical
20       218  2540    19    45  KLM KT-34A 4 el yagi
15       111  1270    11    39  KLM KT-34A 4 el yagi
10         7    65     0     5  KLM KT-34A 4 el yagi
-----   ----  ----  ----  ----
Total    461  5140    31   148

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 920060

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5
Transciver: Ten Tec Orion
Amplifier: 700 W output
Demodulator: RiTTY by K6STI

First contest with new transciver. It worked nice but
propagation was terrible here. I also had strong local QRM from
nearby high tension line so lost many not so strong
stations. It is frustating the hear that someone is calling
but not be able to copy in noise. I tried all DSP tricks
but only marginal improvements.

I was not active all 24 hours, the bad propagation
made me take a few hours off for other matters.

Thanks to all who worked me, or tried to call me.
See you in CQ-WW in September.

73's de Jan/SM5FUG