[RTTY] Distortion

Schulz Jonathan jonathan.schulz at siemens.com
Mon Aug 23 20:47:01 EDT 2004

Ok, I don't have a second receiver, and I don't have any friends accross
town to test my signal with, I run AFSK (usually barefoot) to modest
antennas, everybody I hear I seem to be able to work, and CQ'ing yields
decent rates usually.

I set up RTTY with the help of AA5AU's webpage, and believe I am putting out
an acceptable signal, my question is IF I wasn't would you guys tell me? Did
those that have mentioned less than clean signals this weekend take the time
to tell the other station?

I've only been on RTTY for less than 2 years, - if a signal tunes and prints
decently and the tones sound good is there something I am missing?

I worked the NAQP phone contest this weekend (sorry I missed SARTG this
time) and one guy that I worked had a hum on his signal - Yes I told him, he
said I know and kept on with his CQ's, but at least I informed him of a
potential problem.

73
Jon
K9JS