[RTTY] FSK vs AFSK

Don Cassel ve3xd at rogers.com
Fri Dec 10 16:17:08 EST 2004

Hi Reid and all,

Interesting comments on technique and must say that I also prefer RIT to
AFC. But you can select the narrow filters in the Mark V. I do it all the
time, ie. use 500 and 250 Hz cw filters in Rtty AFSK. It's as simple as
bringing your audio in to the Packet jack instead of the mike and choose
Packet-LSB for the mode.

I use only AFSK because to use FSK I need to make changes on the Rigblaster
Plus when switching back to CW. By using AFSK I can use all modes without
changing any settings. And by using reasonable audio levels I have never had
a complaint. Of course this has all been discussed many times before on this
and the Writelog list.

73, Don VE3XD

Howdy Ron, Bill, et al.