[RTTY] "Slashed" Zeros vs. the number "Zero"

Trey Garlough trey at kkn.net
Mon Dec 20 18:32:24 EST 2004

> I am copying Trey on this, although personally I am not sure if he
> should make Cabrillo accept 0xd8 as a zero.

The ARRL log robot permits a callsign to contain the 7-bit ASCII
characters for the digits 0-9, the letters A-Z and the slash bar.

There is no limitation as to what kind of slashed-oh character you may
render a zero (0x30) on your own computer display or computer printout
-- pick a font that you like and enjoy -- but please render a zero as
a zero in the electronic Cabrillo file that you submit to the robot.

--Trey, N5KO