[RTTY] No RTTY Forum at Dayton 2004

Frank Fallon - N2FF n2ff at optonline.net
Wed Feb 4 14:41:34 EST 2004

For the past few months I have been experiencing misgivings about once again acting as moderator for the RTTY Forum.  It was very difficult last year as for the last two months I was on the phone a few times each week trying to straighten out rooms and times which kept shifting back and forth.  This year I had no communications from the HamVention folks despite the fact that I did the RTTY Forum for the past four years.  Two weeks ago I checked the web site and saw we were not listed and in our usual time slot was the Drake Group.  The same group they keep putting in our time slot last year.   I sent an email about the situation and was told that they had sent requests to three or four people about doing a RTTY Forum.  I received nothing so none of the HamVention people apparently bothered to check the files or previous programs.  There were also no time slots available on Saturday.  Only Friday and Sunday were available.

Bottom line:  I sent an e-mail this morning letting the Hamfest folks know that I was no longer interested in moderating a RTTY Forum.  It now appears there will be no RTTY hotel, no RTTY dinner, and no RTTY forum.

I will be flying out to Dayton with NA2M and staying at the Crowne Plaza with the NJDXA guys.  I hope to see many of you in the crowd or wherever you might decide to gather.

Again thanks to talented guys who gave great presentations on RTTY over the years.  We were all most impressed and very well informed as a result of your efforts.  THANKS for the memories!

73,

Frank Fallon........  N2FF