[RTTY] No RTTY Forum at Dayton 2004

WI8W rtty at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 21:44:54 EST 2004

Humm, so much for their new all volunteer effort.

Somebody at the Hamvention dropped the ball. Maybe they are looking a
decreasing the crowd some more.

being relatively new to RTTY I was looking forward to the Forum this year.

Now I don't know if th RTTY bunch is big enough to support it  but what
we do (QRPARCI - www.qrparci.org) for the QRP crowd is that we
commandeer the whole hotel we stay in beginning on Thursday and have all
day seminars at the hotel dealing with just about every subject related
to QRP.  That is if we can get enough presenters. We generally run from
8am to 4pm with a hour break around noon. We have done this for several
years now and have never had any problem getting speakers.

Maybe this is a option, provided someone get the RTTY group a hotel to
commandeer.  Imagine having a all day seminar session just for RTTY.

73

Thom WI8W
Awards Manager QRPARCI