[RTTY] Dual Receive with WriteLog/MMTTY

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Wed Jan 7 12:52:39 EST 2004

Ed,

I do this all the time in my DX chasing. I have WriteLog set up for two
radios using MMTTY plug-in. When I start each rtty window, MMTTY comes up
using the sound board of the last rtty window I closed. I am using two
sound boards. When both copys are first started they are listening to the
same signal on one sound board. And I must manually go into MMTTY to switch
sound boards to get the other radios audio. So sometimes I switch back to
get dual decoders on the same signal.

I have played with the different default profiles and don't notice much
difference. I have the gut feeling that there are some parameters that
should be fine-tuned here - that out-of-the-box may not be best. But I have
no idea how to proceed.

At 03:23 PM 1/6/2004 -0800, J. Edward (Ed) Muns wrote:
>Has anyone set up dual receive (two decoders on one signal) in WriteLog
>using two MMTTY rttyrite windows instead of a TNC and MMTTY?  The motivation
>for doing so is to have MMTTY windows with different profiles active in
>parallel, e.g., normal, flutter and multi-path.  I've been trying to get
>this to work and can't get the signal into more than one RTTY Control window
>at a time.
>
>Thanks,
>Ed - W0YK

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC