[RTTY] Dual Receive with WriteLog/MMTTY

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 19:28:55 EST 2004

In answer to some questions coming back from my post of yesterday:

At 04:16 1/7/04, Jerry Flanders wrote:

>I have done just as you mentioned, using different filter configurations
>in each.
But I don't have any special filter configurations to recommend - I have
never taken the time to record some real rtty contest audio for playback
later while testing different filters. Maybe one of these days when I get a
round tuit. I have several TUs and would like a comparison of all.

>By the way, you can start up a second instance of Rttyrite independently,
>without declaring a second radio to WL.

Rttyrite is an executable, and will run stand-alone without any links to
any other program. You can click on rttyrite from within your WL directory,
or put an icon on the desktop and click from there. As far as I know, you
can't click callsigns into the entry window - I use it only as a redundant
monitor to help decode weak sigs.

MAJOR HINT: You can run multiple instances of the bandmap application the
same way, and when I tested it a couple of weeks ago, each bandmap instance
(running on different bands, of course - set "center freq" from the "files"
tab.) would receive and post spots from one active WL telnet instance.  (I
don't know how the link from these independent processes were established
to the telnet app.) This means a spare computer on your home LAN could be
displaying essentially all DX spots on all dx bands simultaneously. I don't
know if you can click on a spot and have the rig tune there, but just
seeing them pop up could be useful.