[RTTY] Operating above 21.100 or 28.100 rtty

WA9ALS - John ham_reflectors at wa9als.com
Fri Jan 9 10:49:36 EST 2004

> But if I read the rules correctly(?) since those
> frequencies are still in the Novice band, I think the
> limit is 250 watts.
>
> Every time we went up past .100 we put the amp in
> standby and turned up the transceiver output to 100
> watts.  But there was several stations up here (USA
> stations) that were very loud.  Has anything changed,
> or in the heat of the contest anything go's??

Ah, my favorite "gotchca'!  Joe, you are correct.  If people don't cut the
power up there, they are in violation of FCC rules.  I think it's only a
problem on 15M, but it's VERY difficult to remember this little rule.  The
first time this happened to me, I noted it with the submission - take away
my credit but I left the Qs in the log so others wouldn't get penalized.
Good pickup, Joe!  I've posted the excerpts from the rules in previous
years, but will leave that for the unbelievers to look up if they want to.
73 - John, WA9ALS