[RTTY] FT920 and FSK RTTY

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 8 23:53:48 EDT 2004

WI8W wrote:
> I am trying to setup my FT920 to do FSK RTTY instead of AFSK.  The menu
> settings 42 thru 44 have me a bit confused.  For some reason no matter
> what setting I try in those menus,  MMTTY keeps sending and receiving in
> REV mode.

OK, assuming you are using an NPN transistor interface to key the FSK
line, simply reverse the BASE-EMITTER connections. ( Base is now
grounded )
That will invert the signal from MTTY to the FSK line.

As for the Rx part, I think you need to very carefully check your MTTY
settings. Also check your manual to make sure you are in the correct
mode for FSK. Most Rxes use LSB for receive, even though the front
panel switch is set to FSK.

73
Ed