[RTTY] Dumb Question

David O Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Tue Jul 13 15:31:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:33:02 -0400 "roofus" <roofus at sbcglobal.net>
writes:
> Sorry for the bandwidth but not sure where to ask this question.  In
> the
> upcoming NAQP I see you can only operate 10 of the 12 hours, why?

This rule adds another strategy dimension to the contest,
and makes it more interesting.

> Is there
> a "BETTER" time than not to take this 2 hours off?

It varies with band conditions, and geographic location
in the country. In general, I think it's best to take
four 30 minute breaks rather than fewer longer breaks.

I would suggest you seek advice from a high scoring
station in last year's contest in your area.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA