[RTTY] Omni 6/FSK

Jim McDonald n7us at arrl.net
Thu Mar 4 04:04:44 EST 2004

Mike,

I had the same radio before I bought an MP.  The best RTTY filters were the
Model 216 9 MHz 500 Hz centered for digital modes cascaded with the Model
282 250 Hz filter for CW.  I think the 282 required the PBT to be rotated to
3-4 o'clock to get the high tones in its bandpass.  The 216 is usable only
on RTTY, which is unlike filters for Yaesu radios, where the RTTY bandpass
is shifted by the radio so that the same filter can be used on CW and RTTY.
(I hope someone will correct me if my understanding is incorrect.)

Inrad may have similar filters.

I liked the simplicity of the radio very much as well as QSK on CW.

Jim N7US