[RTTY] VE1OP - Makrothen Contest

Scott Nichols snichols at mvosprey.com
Sun Mar 7 10:09:30 EST 2004

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

   80:   11
   40:   60
   20:  246
   15:  135
   10:    0
-----------------
Total:  452  4426  Total Score = 2,000,783

Club:

Comments:

Above 'points' is the average, as the field is not large enough for anything
over 999999

Fun contest!! It suffered the usual initial year growing pains, but overall I
enjoyed it...

Lots of competition on 40 from the SSB'ers, and on 80 from the UKR, but 20 and
15 were productive...I gave up at the 2 million point mark at 0236 utc, as there
were very few stations left to work...

Worked 339 different stations and 231 different grids...Longest km - JA5JWQ at
10,911...Shortest km - VE9DX at 328...Average km - 4,426.5 km...

Highlights - Being called by VE8AE...First NT on RTTY for me...Also a nice
(although few stations) opening to JA land...Easy to increase the score with
each one being 10,000 km...

Participation hopefully will pick up in future years...I think the ARRL SSB
contest took many away from this one...Not being a big SSB contest fan, I jumped
at this one though...Was tough finding a good frequency on 40, which likely
drove many RTTY'ers away...I did manage a good run on 7.035 for an hour or
so...

Didn't manage much on 80, even though many UA's were strong...All in a different
contest though...

Writelog module worked well, except for the no-highlighting issue...Lots of
exploratory clicking going on to see if stations were dupes or not!! hi
hi...Lots of dupes at the start, but they fell off after awhile...

Overall, I enjoyed it...Next year, maybe not going head-to-head with the ARRL
SSB would increase participation...It also may be a good idea to consider
increasing point value somehow on 40 and 80...

73, CU in the next one...

Scott VE1OP