[RTTY] 5v7c

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 10 17:07:48 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:57:30 -0800 (PST), Reid Hill wrote:

>I chased this guy from .081 to .83 with VFO A on the
>1000MP. Man what a mess. He may have called me and
>might have never known. Speaking of a mess...the XF4IH
>pile was nasty until the guy went split, then it was
>nasty 5kc up from him. Nothing like calling and
>waiting 3 to minutes to see who he pulled out. Got em
>on PSK so my digi has been taken care of on at least 1
>band.

There have been several DXPeditions recently where they attempted RTTY
with an inexperienced operator and it turned into a mess.  I don't want
to discourage future DXPeditions from doing RTTY, but whenever we can we
should encourage some prior training.  The RIT problem is one and the
overly long exchanges is another.

Something to keep in mind.

--
Bill, W6WRT