[RTTY] 7MHz RTTY in contests

John Barber SKA at bartg.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 22:16:17 EST 2004

Along with the BARTG logs coming in, I had a mail from Guillaume F8ARR
which is copied here with my reply. No rights or wrongs in this but just
something for us all to think about.

John GW4SKA

Guillaume Devoyon wrote:

> Hello,
> today for you'r rtty contest,
>  ON6LEO was running on 7032.6 on full cw qrp plan band during many
> hours
> cutting an qrp experiment and without listenning our plaint !
> PLease let know to you'r contesters to respect band plan !
> we could do same !!
>
> best regards
> f8Arr

Hello Guillaume,

Thanks for the mail about the contest. I am sorry to hear about the
problem with the QRP operation on 7032 MHz.

It is so difficult on 7MHz with the very limited space for all modes,
especially on this weekend when there were several contests at the same
time. We must all be courteous and try to work together.

I have copied your mail to the RTTY reflector where it will be seen by
many RTTY contesters. I hope that they will try to be considerate in
future.

Vy 73,

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager