[RTTY] 7MHz RTTY in contests

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Mon Mar 22 16:24:56 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, John Barber wrote:

-> I have copied your mail to the RTTY reflector where it will be seen by
-> many RTTY contesters. I hope that they will try to be considerate in
-> future.

I'm sympathetic, but isn't it possible that the RTTY station never heard
the other station?  Especially given that it was QRP?

A lot of "intentional" QRM *is* just that, but a lot of it is not.

I noticed a lot of activity below 7040 kHz myself, all W/K stations.
Borrrring.  After I didn't find anything of interest there, I went up to
20 m and was able to work a couple of new countries.  :-)

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9