[RTTY] FT847 and rtty

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Fri Mar 26 12:02:52 EST 2004

FT847 owners,

I did something for the BARTG Spring that you might want to try.

Since my main radio, IC756 Pro II, was being shipped for repair, I raided
the satellite station. Moved my FT847 over to the HF position. I had tried
several times to use the FT847 in rtty contests in the past but gave up on
it after the first hour or so and went SO1R.

This time I did two things different. One I turned on the DSP bandpass
filters and twisted the knobs to the stops. This results in a bandpass
roughly around 1500 hz and about 300 hz wide. Since I already had 1415/1585
hz tones set up for the IC756 all I had to do was move the low side a touch
and I was in business.

That was followed by the Audio DSP filters (MFJ) that I had put in this winter.

The combination made a "useable" rtty rig. Not good but useable.

You might want to experiment if that is all you have for rtty.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net