[RTTY] RTTY software for Macs - DarwinPsk

Richard Kriss aa5vu at arrl.net
Mon May 10 12:23:57 EDT 2004

Tom NU4G and others,

FYI, I have been beta testing DarwinPsk that is a Macintosh OSX port of
LinPsk by Volker Schroer <dl1ksv at gmx.de>.  I have been testing it on a Mac
G4-450 AGP with OSX 10.3.3 using a Kenwood TS-570D(G) with the SignaLink
SL-1+ interface. The current beta version 0.8.0.3 works great for PSK31 and
DL1KSV is working to improve the RTTY decoding.  I gave DarwinPsk a test
drive for the VOLTA RTTY contest and managed 34 RTTY QSOs with only a few
hours of part time operation.

You will find a link to download the DarwinPsk on Steve's NI5V Mac Ham Radio
web page at http://www.machamradio.com/ or direct to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linpsk/

For normal RTTY operation I have to dummy down the Mac OSX to the Classic
mode to use the orphaned (but still very good) AEA MacRATT v2.1 software
with a PK-232MBX via a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter.  I look forward to
ditching the PK-232 as soon as I can find something that runs under OSX and
works as well as the PK-232.

Dick, AA5VU
Austin, Texas