[RTTY] signals over the pole

Jacques RAMBAUD f6bki at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 31 13:14:49 EDT 2004

Don and the group,
I take the oportunity of having RTTY experts on this reflector to bring
again the issue of decoding signals comming from the pole .Sometimes signals
are 10 to 20dB above noise but no copy!!
Our experience is that MMTTY and TNCs (KAM /PKs) are quite close sometimes
one is better than the others but not by much.
We do not see much difference with MMTTY between the standard, flutered ,
multipath option , may be we have not found the right parameters , can
somebody help in this respect ??

I remember a friend mentioning a relatively old  US TNC maybe semi
professional maybe for military applications  that was quite good to copy
this kind of signal , any comments ?? any other strategy like antenna
diversity  ?

Thank you all , 73
Jacques F6BKI