[RTTY] RIGrunner?

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Mon May 31 13:27:45 EDT 2004

Just make sure you're not introducing another weak link.
If the distribution block is fused, check the rating of the fuse
HOLDERS.  At least one model, from Saratoga Amateur Products, uses
fuse holders listed at 15A.  This does NOT seem to be a problem with
the RigRunners, or IIRC, the DC Power "Power Cube".

Note that West Mountain Radio now has a crimp tool for the 45A
PowerPole contacts, also.

73, doug

   Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:11:26 -0700
   From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i at twistedoak.com>

   At 08:37 AM 5/31/2004, Don Hill AA5AU wrote: >The PowerPole
   connectors are really nice too.

   >What's really great about the unit, is if you have a power supply
   >failure, you don't have to rewire everything to a new supply.
   >Just plug the new supply into the RIGrunner.  I've had about three
   >power supply failures in the last 10 years or so (all during RTTY
   >contests).  It doesn't happen often, but if it happens in the
   >middle of a contest, switching supplies can be done quickly.

   Another bonus is that you can add a rigrunner to your car. I have a
   small rigrunner mounted under the drivers seat with a big cable
   running straight from the battery (fused at the battery of
   course). I can take any 12V powered device from the shack and run
   it mobile or portable in the car - plug and play.

   73 - jeff wk6i

   Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
   Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
   Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/