[RTTY] Article on possible LCD Displays Replacement..

Phil Florig W9IXX at arrl.net
Thu Nov 11 17:31:59 EST 2004

Hi all,

Tnx guys for the additional information on the LCD displays.  Very interesting
reading...

I no sooner sent that out and today receive a copy of "Electronic Business" and
has an article on the possible replacement to the LCD called OLED.  Some
patents
are running out and may be push to this because as they say:

"OLED displays have significant advantages over LCDs. OLEDs are made by
placing organic film between two conductors. Electrical current is applied,
causing emission of a bright light. Unlike the more widely used LCDs, OLED
displays do not require backlighting. This means that an OLED panel is
thinner than an LCD panel, requires less power, and weighs less. They're
more durable and operate effectively in a broader range of temperatures"

Complete story here:

http://www.reed-electronics.com/eb-mag/article/CA475428?pubdate=11%2F1%2F2004

I am not well informed on displays and the information here is quite
informative.  Tnx agn guys
for all your inputs.

I am posting these just for information and have no connections with the
companies.
(Just in case I need a disclaimer)......

73    Phil W9IXX
PS: I have two 21" ViewSonic and one 17" and are great. I do cadd on them
and so far have not seen any problems.
Of course since "semi-retired" also use for radio.  Going to try multiple
screens on one monitor in future soon
as I figure out how to do it.  May even use two monitors on one
computer.....  The info here has been very good
for doing some of this and may also try the wall mounts.

Philip Florig           e-mail:pflorig at ieee.org
115 Horne Rd.               (or):W9IXX at arrl.net
Columbus, NC. 28722         amateur radio:W9IXX
USA         also:C6AXX-J3X-T30,31,32,33P-VP2MPF
                 team member:AH1A-C6DX-J3A-VP2MX
                             MARS:AAM4ENC/AAR4XX
IPR Systems, Inc.           tel: 1-708-385-7500
11651 Mayfield Ave.         fax: 1-708-385-7515
Alsip, IL. 60803          email:info at iprsys.com
USA                              web:iprsys.com
   INDUSTRIAL POWER SUPPLIES & RECTIFIERS