[RTTY] DESREVER

James semaj at suwanneevalley.net
Fri Oct 15 20:12:57 EDT 2004

    Reversed Signal.  I am confused.  My RTTY Elmer some 34 years ago

Said that the "standard" was LSB on all bands.

FSK was the best way to send RTTY.

AFSK is O K if you do it right.

I built a two Xtal tone generator.  2125 & 2295 Kc and down converted and
filtered to sine wave.

After that was running I went inside the Drake Twins (R4-B and TX4-B) and
installed a trimmer and choke as I recall.  I was then up & running with FSK
Via a Model 19.

Now we have all these fancy dancy decoders and computers.  And some idiot
put a REVERSE switch on them.  Why?  Because they could.

With the computer we could reverse every other line.

With the computer we could reverse our tones on every other character.

If you do not wish to stick with the accepted standard then go and invent
another digital mode.  As for me give me 2125 & 2295 on LSB

or give me 'that aint rtty'

There will be a collection after the next Hymn!

KV4FE

JIM

On the River

---