[RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 18 14:57:28 EDT 2004

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:44:44 -0500, Dick Kriss, AA5VU wrote:
> >My guess is the majority of the age reports were in the
> >50's and this is sad. Lots of OM getting older... me included.

Not from the ones I worked. I'm going to disect my Cabrillo file and
figure out the median age. I'm pretty sure it is going to be in the
60s at least. Think W1WY was my oldest at 82, and know I worked 1
giving 21.

But wherever they turn out to be, it's going to be a lot older than is
good for RTTY.

We need to work on getting younger guys into our mode.

73
Ed