[RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

Mark Jones Mark at HMJones.com
Mon Oct 18 15:31:29 EDT 2004

All,

There is some optimism in my log.

I'm 34 for a start and had a great time in the contest. Also worked UN7PBY
(also received a QSL card direct today) - he's 13!

Only two others younger than me:

KP4JRS - 29
YL2TW - 33

Looks like I'm at the low end of the average!

Mark. G0MGX

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of K4SB
Sent: 18 October 2004 19:57
To: rtty-contesting
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:44:44 -0500, Dick Kriss, AA5VU wrote:
> >My guess is the majority of the age reports were in the
> >50's and this is sad. Lots of OM getting older... me included.

Not from the ones I worked. I'm going to disect my Cabrillo file and figure
out the median age. I'm pretty sure it is going to be in the 60s at least.
Think W1WY was my oldest at 82, and know I worked 1 giving 21.

But wherever they turn out to be, it's going to be a lot older than is good
for RTTY.

We need to work on getting younger guys into our mode.

73
Ed