[RTTY] (no subject)

Robert Jonsson tf3rb at internet.is
Mon Oct 18 16:26:41 EDT 2004

Lot of good time doing the contest. 10, 40 and 80 meters were dead most of
the time and I had some signals but too low to make anything out of them
plus my antenna is too short for the 80 and 40 meter.

By the way a lot of you guys are “complaining” about a bad habbit in the
contests. I have seen in too, too many times but this will always happen, I
don’t know why.

In RCKRtty and other programs I have used, the decoder in them needs the
“DE” in front of the callsign to work.

When I have a reply to my CQ I see a callsign on a new line but no DE so I
have to get a double click on the callsign. It slows me down a lot more than
extra word or letter in the exchange.  Friends please  use the “DE” in front
of your callsign

I saw  a comma used after a callsign   “  tf3rb, “ that gave me a problem
too. Don’t use that comma please.

Exchange like 599 55 55 is very good but 599-55-55 is bad for my program
because it detects the next number which is in many cases a 73.

I like to see the hams do a qsl or a cfm on my exchange. Then I know he got
it correct.

So 73 73 to you all <CR>

DE TF3RB

By the way how was I doing giving my exchange to you guys

Tf3rb

 JARTS WW Contest

Callsign         : TF3RB

Loc./DXCC/Cont.  : GBR / TF / EU

Category         : Single Op. / All Band

Mode             : RTTY

Club Competition :

Power            : LOW   100 Watt

Contest Date     : 16.OKT 2004

Default Exchange : 599

Operating Time   : 14:55 h

Software         : RCKRtty V3.08

BAND  QSOs  Valid QSOs  Points  Cty  Dist.

10          0           0         0         0       0

15       140       140      300       23       8

20       248       248      562       42     13

40          0           0         0         0       0

80          0           0         0         0       0

          388       388      862        65     21

Final Score: 862 * (65 + 21) = 74132

Equipment:

Kenwood TS870 100 watts max no amp.

Kam+ modem

RCKrtty

Comp. 2.4 ghz homeassambled

Ant 6 meter vertical on a 4 floor apartment

I declare that all contest rules and all the rules and the

regulations for amateur radio in my country have been

observed and adhered to.

I'll accept all decisions of the Contest Committee.

Date: 18.OCT.2004  Sign: Robert Jonsson  Call: TF3RB

Robert Jonsson

Súluhólar 2

IS111 Reykjavik