[RTTY] JARTS age stats

Brian bejo at clear.net.nz
Mon Oct 18 17:14:08 EDT 2004

Hi All,
Just my 2bob's worth from down under,
Only worked 100 Q's in the contest unable to give a 100% due to other things.
Oldest I worked 2 @ 71
Youngest 13.
 It seems as if 53 is the average age, ie anyone over 53 is an old gun and any one under is a young gun.
Did a quick average of ages over the100 Q's into ZL4:   average age was 45.8yrs round it it up to 46yrs.
This raises the question for me, what is happening to the old guns??
As i am over 53 then I must be above average [some people may question this] it has taken me 20yrs to move from a Mini [other modes] to a Rolls Royce [RTTY] so from where I'm sitting things are in good heart and  the young guns are on the move.
Cheers
Cookie
ZL4AD