[RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Mon Oct 18 22:37:21 EDT 2004

At 22:50 10/18/04, Larry L Lindblom wrote:

>...  And, yes we need to try and get young blood
>into the hobby.
>
>73 Larry, W0ETC

Sometimes we never know how sharing our hobby can affect someone later.
About 8 years ago when one of my grandsons was about 14 I gave him a
scanner for his birthday. I had forgotten about it until recently when he
emailed me that he had passed his codeless tech exam and now has a license
(and is studying the code now and planning for his extra). Only then did I
discover how deeply the bug had bitten him by playing with that scanner.

Jerry W4UK