[RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 18 23:21:13 EDT 2004

I feel the same way as Larry.  When I see how old some of us are out there, I
only pray I'm still around to pound the keys when I get to some of those ages I
received this past weekend.  I thought about that a LOT this weekend.

It's true, we are missing the youth element in Amateur Radio.  The only thing we
can do about it is to go out of our way to encourage young people to get
involved if they are interested.  They don't know if they are interested unless
they are some way exposed to Amateur Radio.  I'm not sure what can be done about
that.

73, Don