[RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

Sid Ashen-Brenner sashen at swbell.net
Tue Oct 19 01:19:53 EDT 2004

         Here in Salina, the local Radio club set up in one of the local
area parks for the "Jamboree on the Air" for the Scouts,  we had 8 to 10
club members show up (youngest 33) and a whopping total of 4 Scouts.  The
local area Boy Scout Council was totally un-interested in participating in
the event. Two of the 4 Scouts were sons of one of the club members, a
third was a down the block neighbor.
         Talking to someone in Central America on SSB did not hold their
interest, but the laptop set up to do PSK-31 and RTTY did.  It would seem
that the Digital modes may be one of our stronger drawing cards.

                 Sid  N0OBM        599 56 56