[RTTY] Re: ÄRTTYÅ RITTY 4.5 Issue

Jan Palmquist jan.palmquist at mailbox.swipnet.se
Thu Oct 21 10:45:29 EDT 2004

You only need a Set blaster statement in autexec.bat.

No driver at all is needed if you have a true soundblaster
ISA board.

In fact you need no operating system at all.

I have made a diskett that contains config.sys , Autoexec.bat
and RiTTY and nothing else. It runs fine on PCs without hard
drive.

Well, the diskett must be a bootable diskett.
I don't think config.sys is necessary, but I need it to
be able to handle my Swedish keyboard. And also keyb.com,
keyboard.sys and country.sys, just to be Swedish.

I run Win98SE and Ritty 4.53 in my computer since many years.

73's de Jan

> John Cashen wrote:
> > I use Win98SE and run RITTY 4.5 with no problems. The manual
provided with
> > RITTY spells out the set up using a Soundblaster sound board
including the
> > statement to put into Autoexec.bat.   I don't think it is a
driver issue.

> Usually, this statement is automatically inserted, but
basically, it
> merely sets the sound card address, irq, and something else I
can't
> remember.
>
> > You must have a Soundblaster ISA board, RITTY won't work on a
Soundblaster