[RTTY] Re: ÄRTTYÅ RITTY 4.5 Issue

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 21 13:06:02 EDT 2004

Jan Palmquist wrote:
> You only need a Set blaster statement in autexec.bat.
> No driver at all is needed if you have a true soundblaster
> ISA board.

Part of the SET Blaster statement will make reference to mscdex.exe,
which is the driver.

> Well, the diskett must be a bootable diskett.
> I don't think config.sys is necessary......

Well, not absolutely, but config,sys is where you direct the computer
to place statements such as DOS=HIGH, UMB, load EMM386.exe ( upper
memory manager ), load the file HIMEM, and especially important for
DOS, set aside space for BUFFERS and FILES, which of course are not
needed for Windows.

Otherwise, you're going to be totally restricted to the lower 640K of
memory.

73
Ed