[RTTY] REAL TTY PICS and SOUNDS and MPGS

WB2RHM - Ben Antanaitis WB2RHM at ARRL.net
Sat Oct 23 08:25:21 EDT 2004

While we are taking a trip down memory lane.....

Here is a gem of a site (just pieces of it are left though) that has some
pics, sounds and mpgs of the real deal in TTY:

http://railroad-signaling.com/tty/tty.html

If your are a computer generation RTTYer, take a look and a listen at what
we 'old timers' still reminisce and smile about when we talk of the good
ole days of 'green keys' and the smell of hot electric motors and that
unmistakable sound of 'real' TTY in operation.

You can use the FILE>SAVE-AS option of IE to save a complete copy of the
pages to your hard drive before they are lost to history. You can also save
the mpgs of the machines in operation by right clicking on the link to the
mpg and then selecting SAVE TARGET AS to save the mpg to you hard drive.

Have a good weekend, 73,

Ben Antanaitis
WB2RHM