[RTTY] ritty available?

George Johnson w1zt at comcast.net
Sun Oct 24 11:25:32 EDT 2004

Jim,
I have not been able to get RITTY to work with anything but the ISA Sound
Blaster cards.  The PCI cards definitely do not work.  I just fooled around
with my old Chinese laptop and was trying to help Tony but could not get
that built in sound card to work either.  It had a fixed address that is
different than what RITTY expects and I could not change it so maybe that
is part of the problem.  RITTY looks for a sound card and can handle
different IRQs and the Vibra 16 sound chip but apparently can't track the
different I/O address or possibly a different DMA channel.  RITTY could
transmit through my laptop sound system but could not receive for some
reason.  Brian fooled with it for a little while but was unsuccessful
also.  I don't understand enough about the setup of the ISA sound card to
know whether I could force the I/O address and DMA channel or not.  The
laptop seemed fixed but I would think other ISA slot sound cards that were
"compatible" and you could set A220 and D1 would also work with RITTY.
73, George .. W1ZT