[RTTY] Re: RE: ÄRTTYÅ ritty available?

Jan Palmquist jan.palmquist at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sun Oct 24 10:31:04 EDT 2004

Jim,

I have tested a few "true SB16 compatible" PCI-boards and they
do not work. They only simulate SB16, some work for transmitting
AFSK but none on receive.

Some laptops with  built-in sound chips do work. N6EE has compiled
a list:  http://cis.csustan.edu/ronl/Ritty_and_Notebooks.htm

With the information from this list i bought an used IBM TP600, and
it works!

I belive some non Creative ISA sound boards work, Brian has added functions
in the later version for them. But today it is easy to find a real SB16 on a
flea market cheap.

Brian is still active with RiTTY, I got a temporay license from him for
WPX contest with an anniversay call sign. Write him a snail letter,
Ritty is a great program.

73's de Jan/SM5FUG