[RTTY] OZ9GA Russian RTTY

Torben Kahr OZ9GA at dixit.dk
Sun Sep 5 17:45:00 EDT 2004

I worked 19 Q's in the contest for playing with new software.

17 on 20 meter, and 2 on 80 meter

I was testing the new cocoaModem for Mac. computers.

Tnx to Kok Chen, W7AY for making RTTY software for the Apple computeres.

The program was fine decoding and after a while I also find out to
transmit on the
correct QRG.

I vas using my 2. rig. ICOM 706MKII

VFO A for rx in RTTY mode and VFO B for tx in LSB mode whith offset +
2.125 KHZ.

I used the SignaLink Model SL-1+ for making PTT and regulating of
output audio level
of the AFSK tones to the IC 706. I also regulated the input level to
the computer of the recived tones via the SL-1+. It vas ok. I used the
13 pin Din connector with speciel cable to connect radio and SL-1+.

I had a problem with scrolling the tekst, but i think W7AY are going to
finde out how to
fix it.

Of my 17 Q's on 20 meter  the 11 vas stations in USA with no problem....

Working Split also Split Mode with 2 VFO's one for recieving and
another for sending is a callender not to forget the offset of the
+2.125 KHz because of using the AFSK mode. Dont use USB and - 2.125
because then you are transmitting with reverce shift.

I used a new Apple PowerBook G4 1,5GHz with Mac OS X version 10.3.5
cocoaModem
IC 706 MKII  80 Watt  AFSK
Antenna TA34

If you recieved my signal in the contest and rember som problems with
my tones, then pse send a mail.

73 de OZ9GA Torben