[RTTY] Russian WW Rtty

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 5 20:13:14 EDT 2004

   I was able to be on from 0129z to 0208z and then gone until 1130z. I
operated off and on during the day Saturday. I started out to be SOSB for 20
M. But, I could not resist the calls I heard on 15 M and worked the two
bands. I was able to work a lot of very weak signals but there were many EU
calls that I could hear easily and they did not hear me. Sure is the band
conditions at this time. Good contest and I beat last years score.

Last week I asked for help from anyone who had set up a IC-7800 radio. I
guess none of you have gotten yours yet as I did not get a single reply. My
friend received his new IC-7800 and asked me for help. I spent over three
hours trying to get him set up. It was a chore as I had never seen the rig
or the manual before. I did get Jack set up to work CW and had the pleasure
of making my first CW  QSO on that sweet rig. It is a great piece of
equipment. We did not get all the filters and setting done completely, but
at least he is on the air. I told him I wanted to come back and get it on
line for RTTY. I hope he remembers to ask me.

73....Dick  -  KS0M

    Russian RTTY WW  2004
    Call used: KS0M
    Location:  MO - USA
    Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Low Power

    Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
    80         0     0     0     0
    40         0     0     0     0
    20       121  1050    13    37
    15        37   365     4    18
    10         0     0     0     0
    Total    158  1415    17    55                     Claimed Score:
101,880

    Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02
     Ten Tec Paragon
     KAM PLUS with Hostmaster program.