[RTTY] Isle of Man GD on RTTY???

k0bx at qsl.net k0bx at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 10:43:47 EDT 2004

I been looking for this DXpedition all week but I have
not heard them.  The GD Isle of Man was suppose to
come up on RTTY which would be a new one on RTTY for
me.  Anyone heard them?

Joe K0BX

Following is the news release:
GD Isle of Man
Members of the Wrexham and District Amateur Radio
Society will be operating from the Isle of Man, during
the period 1-8 September 2004. The site that will be
used is Scarlett Point, a disused Coast Guard look out
tower, approx 1.5 Miles South of Castletown, Isle of
Man.
In the amateur radio world, the Isle of Man is
regarded as a “rare catch” as it has its own unique
callsign prefix, and its own unique Island number. As
such members of the Society will be operating with two
especially issued Callsigns, GB4IOM (Isle of Man) and
GB4SPT (Scarlett Point Tower), as well as individual
Callsigns, and the Wrexham Society’s callsign, to give
other Amateur Radio enthusiasts world wide the
opportunity to contact the Island, using as many
different types of communications methods as possible.
QSL via RSGB bureau.