[RTTY] VE7CF Multi single, all-band-high claimed score

Jack Wiebe parbuster at telus.net
Wed Sep 29 00:49:18 EDT 2004

                   QSOs           Points            Zones
DX:                States            Multipliers      Score

80m:             50                94                  4
3                   20

40m:           171               374                18
21                  36

20m:           581               1440              26
70                  50

15m:           279               698                18
23                  34

10m:              5                13                  4
4                   1

Total:        1086             2619                70
121                141                  332                 86950

A lot of very interesting comments on operating practices during the
contest. One contentious issue for me is "cabrillo catches the
contacts with the wrong zones" comment, or something to that effect.
So, checking my log I found some 25 TN contacts, about half of which
had zone 5, and half had the correct zone 4. Also some AL  and  KY
had zone 5 in their buffers.  I changed them to zone 4 in edit mode
after the contest.   So, will I get penalized by cabrillo for "not
logging what was sent"?

All in all, a very enjoyable contest; this time with company
(VE7IRA/VA7SW) in the shack and a multi-single category.  Not great
numbers, but this is VE7-land after all where Zero-land has nothing
over our rf black hole.  At least we had a pretty good run of JA's
both afternoons.

See you all in the next big one - ARRL Roundup.

Jack, VE7CF