[RTTY] LOTW

WI8W wi8w at wi8w.org
Wed Sep 29 20:18:03 EDT 2004

I think that the reason LOTW does not have as many foreign stations
signed up is the process they must follow.  I see it as vastly different
that the  way we do it and if I was living overseas I probably would
think it is more trouble than it is worth.

eQSL has a much simpler process.

I use both eQSL and LOTW but really I prefer the old fashioned paper QSL
cards.  I really enjoy getting a really nice card in the mail. The
recent 3B9C card really blew me away when I received it.  It also gives
me something to show visitors to the shack.

All of my neighbors have visited the shack and are really amazed that I
talk around the world.  As a result,  my tower and antennas are no
problem around here.  I partially thank my paper QSL card collection for
that.  I don't think my electronic verifications would have had much of
a impact.

73

Thom WI8W